Resources!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have a pretty good understanding of c++ but not so much in graphics particularly OpenGL does anyone know any good resources that could help.
      If you fail do not fret... Just destroy the evidence and imprison the witnesses.

I used to hate cellphones but now I hate car accidents -Norma Jean
    • Garbob has already linked you to a great OpenGL resource, and as far as I understand it's the canonical starting place for all those wishing to use OGL, nehe.gamedev.net/ .
      Feel you safe and secure in the protection of your pants . . . but one day, one day there shall be a No Pants Day and that shall be the harbinger of your undoing . . .
    • RE: Already been linked

I found that a while back but for some reason the examples don't work in dev-c++. any idea why?
      Or should I get a better IDE.
      If you fail do not fret... Just destroy the evidence and imprison the witnesses.

I used to hate cellphones but now I hate car accidents -Norma Jean
    • By "don't work" you mean "don't compile"? Or is it that they don't run correctly? I've had general bad experience with Dev-C++, usually.

I suggest getting Visual C++ 2008 Express. It's free, it's Visual Studio which is good, and it's something that a lot of people are familiar with.

msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/future/bb421473.aspx
      Feel you safe and secure in the protection of your pants . . . but one day, one day there shall be a No Pants Day and that shall be the harbinger of your undoing . . .
    • I didn't get the Dev debugger to work, and I didn't get DirectX samples to work either. But I kind of was a noob at programming other things than Java when I used that program, so it probably was that I didn't have so much experience with API libs and stuff.
      "There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some of the most popular are: Why are people born? Why do they die? Why do they want to spend so much of the intervening time wearing digital watches?"
      -Douglas Adams
    • I hear Eclipse is the way to go with Java. I haven't done much deving with Java since senior year of highschool. I primarily used NetBeans then, though.
    • Originally posted by tacohead
      I've been having the same problems so I'm thinking about switching to visual c++

Yeah, I think that is the most wise thing to do since you can download the 2005 and 2008 Beta versions of Visual C++ Express for free.
      "There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some of the most popular are: Why are people born? Why do they die? Why do they want to spend so much of the intervening time wearing digital watches?"
      -Douglas Adams