After selecting Build->Rebuild solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This is all stuff a really quick google search can help you resolve, maybe making a single thread with any questions would also be easier to work with, I will answer your questions though, just try to do some research before asking on here first.

I am a little confused. What happened when I run TeaportWars_2010 without errors. Why do I need to run TeapotWarsEditorApp_2010. How they are they related to each other?

If you run an application without any errors...I am assuming it worked? Whats the problem than? TeapotWarsEditorApp is the editor application, have you read the book yet?

I would like to ask if I unzip 3rdParty.zip correctly: I got gamecode4 which has: assets,extra,game, source directories. The Source directory has GCC4,GCC4Editor,Lib,TeapotWars and GCC4 has 3rdParty directory as well as other directories Is it looks OK?

This sounds fine, but did you actually try to compile with this directory setup? Did it throw errors or something?

When I build->rebuild Teaportwars_2010 I got: Creating "C:\gamecode4\dev\Source\TeapotWars\Msvc\..\..\Temp\GameCode4_2010Win32Debug\GameCode4_2010.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified. What does it mean?

google?

When I run Teaport_Wars_2010 there was such run error: eapotWars_2010Win32Debug.exe': Loaded 'C:\gamecode4\dev\Source\Lib\Win32Debug\TeapotWars_2010Win32Debug.exe', Symbols loaded. 'TeapotWars_2010Win32Debug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file 'TeapotWars_2010Win32Debug.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file What does this error means?

These are not errors, the first line is actually saying it was successful in loading the symbols, the next 2 are saying it did not load the symbols for some core windows libraries, it's not a problem and I never actually load them, but if you want to you will have to connect to the microsoft symbol server (or whatever it is called).

After selecting Build->Rebuild solution I got: Rebuild all: 4 succeded; 0 failed; 0 skipped Is it so far correct?

If you read the line you will see it says this

4 of your projects succeeded
      0 failed
      0 have been skipped

So all 4 of the projects you built were done successfully, did you try to run the program first to actually see if it was correct for yourself?
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz