source code download

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• For Windows though the best SVN client is Tortoise SVN
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz
    • take away the 'gamecode4-read-only' at the end and should work fine, the only url you will need is

gamecode4.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

The other parts 'svn', 'checkout' and 'gamecode4-read-only' are for if you are using a command lin
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz
    • This time working in Visual Studio Express 2012 I followed all of the instructions from the readme, this time compiling with 109 errors. On inspection, it seems that all of the errors belong to one of two types. The first:

error C2061: syntax error : identifier '__RPC__out_xcount_part' is undefined.

The others are all syntax errors resulting from missing close parentheses, which I'm guessing are caused by the identifier.
    • Are you compiling for windows 8? I haven't tested the engine for Windows 8 myself but other members in this forum was able to successfully compile the code i think.

Doing a quick search on that error seems to point to a version conflict of DirectX or the Windows SDK.

Try these steps if this works.
      * If you are manually including DirectX in Visual Studio's include list make sure that the order is somewhere below and the Windows SDK's include folder is on the top. (I think the DirectX sdk is not necessary for Windows 8 anymore. It comes with the Windows SDK)
      * Remove any old version of DirectX that you might have installled,
      *Uninstall older versions of visual studio including the new one then install the new Visual Studio again.
    • I'm on Windows 7. It turns out I had the March 2008 DirectX, despite having installed for the first time (that I can remember) yesterday. I've uninstalled and now am installing the June 2010 version. We'll see how it goes.

Edit: I was able to run the game. Huzzah! I had to replace one #include "afxres.h" with #include <windows.h> but after that the game runs. It's weird, though, because in the Exit Game dialog box, the message does not print across multiple lines. The escape sequences are drawing on the same line as everything else, like this: "Are you sure\n you want\n to quit?"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Natman ().

• hello

Newbie here. I just purchased the book. Very pleased as I am starting to read it.

The problem is that I have VS2012 and Windows 8, and it is being troublesome to get the source code to run. I followed the instructions, but no results.
      Could anyone please show the steps required to get it working?

I tried to download the 3rd party libs compiled for Windows 8, but I don't know what to do with those files...

Thanks in advance