Replacing directx with OpenGL

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Replacing directx with OpenGL

So previously I've worked with directx in c#. I then moved on to Opentk (OpenGL toolkit for c#). Now I'm trying to modify the gcc4 engine to work with OpenGL rather than directx. The problem I'm finding is that OpenGL unlike Opentk only contains the d3d part of direct x. Basically, I'm on the hunt for libraries to fill in the gaps.

I found some libraries, such as glfw and glm. Unfortunately glm (afaik) is lacking many functions that I would have considered neccessities, such as a matrix.setposition or vec3.length

So essentially, I'm here to ask if anyone has some pointers to speed up the process of replacing directx.

Please note, I am trying to keep everything multiplatform.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Randomman159 ().

• I use GLFW for windowing and input, irrKlang for audio, and a math library, is there anything in specific you want to get?
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz
    • Well, in my current library I use VMath, it is however not the best, and because of that my new engine uses Eigen.
      PC - Custom Built

Laptop - Alienware M17x
    • Was there something else to this post that got edited out? Also since I am here, I sided with GLM rather than Eigen for math, no specific reason either than personal preference but it has turned out to be quite nice to use.
      PC - Custom Built

Laptop - Alienware M17x