Assignment programming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Assignment programming

Hi Everyone,

I need to recreate an "old" 2D game, and I can't really decide between -Pokemon: silver- and -Splatterhouse 3-.

The problem is I don't really know which is going to be a bit easier then the other. And I need to take in account the fact that I also need to make a paper on modern art, minimum 12 speedpaints, an unknown conceptart assignment, a high poly object and an high poly car.

So I need to choose the one I believe is going to take less time figuring out :s

Does anyone have a suggestion,? I need to pick a game by the end of next week, and I wish I had allready decided cause I don't wanna waste any time.
      (Assignments are due in may).
      DAE student howest belgium,
      Aiming for Game Dev.

Alienware m17x
      Windows 7 prof 64bit
      Intel i7-3610QM 2.30GHz idle (3.3GHz turbo)
      12GB DDR3 RAM
      HD Graphics 4000 & GeForce GTX 660M
    • I'm not familiar with either, but I would say pick the one that you know more about regardless of how hard it could be. This way you know what to expect from the finish project and also make adjustments as you make the game for anything that you're not sure how to implement.
      Intel i7 3930k
      8GB Mushkin LP @ 2133 mhz
      GTX 680
      Asus Rampage IV Extreme
      Corsair 650w
    • Honestly, if you have 2 months to create an old 2D game, Pokemon is going to never get completed, its a big game surprisingly. Don't know splatterhouse though.
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz
    • Maybe should've mentioned I only need to make the first lvl of the game, since we only have about 2 months.

Still I also think pokemon s gonna be a bit hard with all the background systems.
      DAE student howest belgium,
      Aiming for Game Dev.

Alienware m17x
      Windows 7 prof 64bit
      Intel i7-3610QM 2.30GHz idle (3.3GHz turbo)
      12GB DDR3 RAM
      HD Graphics 4000 & GeForce GTX 660M
    • yeah I would definitely go with splatterhouse
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz