Success #3 - Everything WORKS!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm having some issues getting the source code to build. Here are the errors I'm getting:

Warning 1 warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\..\..\Test\TeapotWars.exe) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Test\TeapotWarsd.exe). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile). C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets 990 6 TeapotWars
      Warning 2 warning MSB8012: TargetName(TeapotWars) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (TeapotWarsd). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile). C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets 992 6 TeapotWars
      Error 3 error LNK1104: cannot open file 'zlib.lib' C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\LINK TeapotWars
      Error 4 error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'zlib.lib' C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\Editor\LINK Editor_2010
      5 IntelliSense: shared_ptr is not a template c:\users\david\desktop\programing\game coding complete\source\interfaces.h 99 10 GameCode3
      6 IntelliSense: shared_ptr is not a template c:\users\david\desktop\programing\game coding complete\source\interfaces.h 112 10 GameCode3
      7 IntelliSense: shared_ptr is not a template c:\users\david\desktop\programing\game coding complete\source\interfaces.h 113 25 GameCode3
      8 IntelliSense: shared_ptr is not a template c:\users\david\desktop\programing\game coding complete\source\interfaces.h 120 10 GameCode3
      9 IntelliSense: shared_ptr is not a template c:\users\david\desktop\programing\game coding complete\source\interfaces.h 156 19 GameCode3
      10 IntelliSense: shared_ptr is not a template c:\users\david\desktop\programing\game coding complete\source\interfaces.h 157 19 GameCode3
      11 IntelliSense: shared_ptr is not a template c:\users\david\desktop\programing\game coding complete\source\interfaces.h 270 25 GameCode3
      12 IntelliSense: cannot open source file "boost\config.hpp" c:\users\david\desktop\programing\game coding complete\source\gamecodestd.h 100 1 GameCode3
      13 IntelliSense: cannot open source file "boost\shared_ptr.hpp" c:\users\david\desktop\programing\game coding complete\source\gamecodestd.h 101 1 GameCode3
      14 IntelliSense: cannot open source file "boost\utility.hpp" c:\users\david\desktop\programing\game coding complete\source\gamecodestd.h 102 1 GameCode3
      15 IntelliSense: name followed by '::' must be a class or namespace name c:\users\david\desktop\programing\game coding complete\source\gamecodestd.h 104 7 GameCode3

If anyone knows a fix that will be great. In the mean time I'll continue trying to figure out how to fix it and will post the fix if I figure it out.
    • K I only get the first four errors now and I saw that bad habit had said:

some warnings, MSB8012, about the debug builds, results in a call for teapotwars.exe instead of teapotwarsd.exe in debug mode.
      needed to add ..\..\Libs to "Linker->Additional Library Directories" so that it could find zlib.lib.

Not sure exactly what I should do bout the MS8012 warning bu I looked at TeapotWars and the Editor's Linker additional libraries and they both have ..\..\Libs\$(Configuration).

I think I might try to see if deleting it and re-adding it will fix the issue. Hopefully it works and will post if it does.
    • Ok I was able to get rid of the linker problem as has had to go and add the location in the c++ directories. Now I'm getting a whole bunch of errors and I also get an error message when I try to run it which says Unable to start program 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programming\Game Coding Complete\Source\DX10\..\..\Libs\Debug\DXUT10.lib'. The specified file is an unrecognized or unsupported binary format.

Listed bellow are some of the warnings I'm getting:

Warning 1 warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\..\..\Test\TeapotWars.exe) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Test\TeapotWarsd.exe). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile). C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets 990 6 TeapotWars
      Warning 2 warning MSB8012: TargetName(TeapotWars) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (TeapotWarsd). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile). C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets 992 6 TeapotWars
      Warning 3 warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/OPT:ICF' specification C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\Editor\Editor.obj Editor_2010
      Warning 4 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletdynamics.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btContactConstraint.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletdynamics.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btContactConstraint.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning 5 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletdynamics.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btSequentialImpulseConstraintSolver.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletdynamics.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btSequentialImpulseConstraintSolver.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning 6 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletdynamics.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btTypedConstraint.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletdynamics.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btTypedConstraint.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning 7 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletdynamics.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btDiscreteDynamicsWorld.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletdynamics.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btDiscreteDynamicsWorld.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning 8 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletdynamics.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btRigidBody.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletdynamics.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btRigidBody.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning 9 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletdynamics.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btRaycastVehicle.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletdynamics.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btRaycastVehicle.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning 10 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletdynamics.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btWheelInfo.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletdynamics.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletdynamics_d.lib(btWheelInfo.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning 11 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletcollision.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletcollision_d.lib(btCollisionAlgorithm.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletcollision.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletcollision_d.lib(btCollisionAlgorithm.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning 12 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletcollision.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletcollision_d.lib(btDbvt.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletcollision.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletcollision_d.lib(btDbvt.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning 13 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletcollision.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletcollision_d.lib(btDbvtBroadphase.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletcollision.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletcollision_d.lib(btDbvtBroadphase.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning 14 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletcollision.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletcollision_d.lib(btDispatcher.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletcollision.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletcollision_d.lib(btDispatcher.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning 15 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletcollision.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletcollision_d.lib(btOverlappingPairCache.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletcollision.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletcollision_d.lib(btOverlappingPairCache.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning 16 warning LNK4099: PDB 'bulletcollision.pdb' was not found with 'libbulletcollision_d.lib(btQuantizedBvh.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\bulletcollision.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info C:\Users\David\Desktop\Programing\Game Coding Complete\Source\TeapotWars\libbulletcollision_d.lib(btQuantizedBvh.obj) TeapotWars
      Warning