More Boost problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ok, I browsed the forum and of course found out I'm not the first one to have this issue.

I set all my working directory settings to ..\..\Bin, EXCEPT for the GameCode3 project, which is set to ..\Bin, and I was able to compile and run.

Now I can finally follow the book and learn the code!

Edit:
      I can only run from the IDE; when I run from Windows Explorer (double-clicking the TeapotWarsd.exe file in the ..\..\Test folder) I get "The application failed to load because zlib.dll was not found."

I fixed this by setting the TeapotWars' and Lang's project output folder to ..\..\Bin also
      Chris
      VS 2008
      MS Vista Home Premium 32-bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by ChrisF ().

• I think you are getting much closer now - because the memory leaks are reported you are past the global object initialization. You should be able to put a breakpoint on the entry point and trace the program to the point of failure.

Look for wWinMain in TeapotWars.cpp - put a breakpoint on that and debug - tracing through the initialization sequence should bring you to where the failure is.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot